This Category has no FAQ yet
1. What hours do you provide daycare?
My hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7:30am - 5:00pm. I do offer extended hours when needed of 7am to 6pm.
I am closed for ALL statutory holidays.
2. How many kids do you watch at any given time?
Most often I have 4 full-time children and 1 before and after school child in my care at one time.
3. Do you leave the daycare with the kids to do school drop offs and pick ups OR to go on outings?
Yes, Monday to Friday during the school year we make the short walk to school. Also when school is out we take walks around the neighborhood. They are a great way to assist in everyday learning. We look for colours, animals and shapes .
4. Do you provide receipts?
Yes I do provide receipts when requested. Let me know when you start whether or not you will need a receipt. If you do want them, most do, this will be issued once a year. Receipts are issued once a year mid-February.
5. How much do you charge per child?
I charge a weekly rate per child that is based on each individual personal daycare needs. Times you drop off and pick up as well as hours your child is here will be factors in my quote. Average rates are listed under rates.
6. Do you have your First Aid and CPR?
Yes I do .
7. What if I have other errands and I am late picking up my child?
A late fee of $5.00 will be charged for late pick ups for every additional 10 minutes or a portion of such minutes, without advanced approval from day home operator. Please take this into account when filling out contract hours, allow yourself safe driving time, work or school delays etc.
Note on pre-approval: This does not mean you contact me at or near pick-up time.
Please be considerate of me and I will always be fair to you
1) If the weather is below -20, I will not walk any children to school. * Parents will be notified in the morning if I am able to provide a backup provider in my home for the 20-30 minutes so I may pick up the children from school.
2) If there has been an extreme amount of snow I will not walk children to school. **
3) All children shall be dressed for the weather -I do not have spare outside clothing. On occasion I will provide mittens if forgotten at home but they must be returned the following day of childcare.
1) I do not provide boots or raincoats for children. These must be provided by parents.
1) If there is an extreme heat alert it is at my discretion whether or not will go outside, this includes walking to school and outdoor play time.*
3) I do not provide sunglasses.
2) Parents are responsible to provide: a hat, bathing suit, water shirt, water shoes and swim diapers (if needed). We have a watertable and sprinker.
*regular full day fees will apply for full day attendence, non attending children (at parents choice) regular days fee schedule will apply.
** regular daily fee will apply.
YOGURT CEREAL BARS
2 cups corn flakes - 3/4 flour - 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon - 1/2cup butter or margarine
1 cup flavoured yogurt (banana/strawberry etc..) - 1 egg slightly beaten
2 tablespoons flour
Preheat oven to 350F
Combine cereal, 3/4 cup flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Cut in butter or margarine until coarse crumbs form.
Press 1/2 the mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased 8inch square pan.
Mix yogurt, egg and 2 tablespoons flour in another small bowl.
Spread over cereal mixture in pan and then sprinkle the remaining cereal mixture on top
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown; cut into bars when cooled.
Courtesy of Stonyfield Farms Yogurt
Leap Dance Academy http://www.leapdanceacademy.ca/programs.html
Healthy Toddler friendly recipes http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/toddlergrazing.htm
Early Reading http://www.starfall.com/
Preschool Activities http://www.teachersandfamilies.com/open/ps-themes.html